B&B Coronavirus (COVID-19) Regulations
During this exceedingly difficult time, we thank you for your continued support and loyalty.
The Game Cock has always put the health and safety of its guests first and even more so during the Covid-19 pandemic. We have conducted a thorough Risk Assessment; Reviewing every part of our Bed and Breakfast and our processes and made appropriate measures and controls to minimise the risks of infection from Covid-19.
- The measures we have put in place include:
Enhanced cleaning beyond our usual high standards. All key areas of the B&B will be cleaned and sanitised to government guidelines on a regular basis, including door handles, light switches, and regular touch points. All guest rooms will be cleaned and sanitised using high quality cleaners and disinfectants. All linens will be washed above 60°C.
- Investment in high quality hand sanitiser and cleaning wipes at key points through the Bed and Breakfast for guests.
- Provision of Staff Personal Protection Equipment.
- Processes to enable social distancing between staff and other guests, where practically possible.
- Staff will wear face shields.
- Staff will maintain a high level of hand cleanliness and hygiene.
- Residents will be required to have their temperature taken on arrival and wear face coverings when moving between bedrooms and downstairs.
We are happy to discuss every aspect of the measures that we have put in place and if necessary, the full Risk Assessment will be available to guests.
The Safety Steps we are putting in place.
We are the same friendly and helpful people as we were before Covid-19 and will do everything we can to ensure you have a wonderful and enjoyable stay. We are committed to providing all our guests a clean and safe environment to stay whilst in Austwick and using best practice Government and the World Health
Organisation guidelines. We have put in place a set of safety and hygiene protocols to ensure The Game Cock is as clean and safe as possible.
- Social Distancing – We are putting in place social distancing measures where possible, such as in the, guest dining room.
- Hand Sanitising – We have placed Hand Sanitisers for guest use in key areas, such as the entrance to the building and the entrance to the dining room and in each bedroom.
- Cleaning and Disinfecting – We have removed many unnecessary items from around the bedrooms to enable thorough cleaning. All key touch points will be regularly cleaned using EU standard BSEN1276 sanitiser. We are also placing high quality cleaning surface wipes at key points for guests to use as they feel appropriate.
- Staff Health, PPE and Cleanliness – Staff will have their temperature checked every morning. We will be wearing face shields when in the Inn, including at breakfast service. We will be following strict guidelines for hand cleaning and respiratory hygiene.
- Express Check-in from 3pm. – All Guests must wear a face mask when entering the building, do not panic if you have forgotten yours, we have masks available to buy at £1 each. Masks must always be worn when not in the bedroom. Masks can be removed when sat at the dinner table in the bar/restaurant.
To minimise guest-staff and guest-guest contact a new streamlined check-in process has been implemented. Your details will be confirmed verbally, your temperature will be taken upon arrival and entry to your rooms will be denied should your temperature be higher than 37.3 degrees C.
The room keys will be sanitised and placed in the room. We will not take you to your room unless you require us to do so.
- Air Flow – We will keep doors and windows open as much as possible to increase air circulation.
- Your Bedroom – Your room will be deep cleaned and sanitised to a high standard using EU standard BS1SEN1276 cleaners and sanitiser, including all soft furnishings. All the bedding and towels are sent away to be laundered, but it’s been confirmed that all bed sheets and towels will be washed at over 60 degrees. We will not enter or service your room during your stay. If you need anything at all, please do just ask a member of the team and we will be happy to help.
- Easy Contact – To reduce the need to visit the reception we are happy for you to use your mobile to call us.
- Breakfast Service – To provide a high quality, smooth breakfast service we will request breakfasts are pre-ordered the night before. You will be given a time to come down for breakfast to avoid gathering in the narrow corridors. It will also be necessary to limit the number of people in the dining room to ensure a two-meter social distance. We will serve your breakfast to your table, including tea, coffee, and juice. With regret there will not be a buffet.
- Methods of Payment – We aim to take all payments 14 days before your arrival date using the card details provided at the time of booking. If for any reason payment has not been
taken our preferred method of payment is debit or credit card the evening before you leave, but we will accept cash if necessary.
- Express Check-out
To reduce contact with staff and other guests we are happy for guests to leave without any formalities provided payment has been processed and your key has been put in the key box in the alcove on the landing outside room 2. These processes may change as we are required to comply with the latest government guidelines.
We ask that all guests respect the Covid-19 guidelines.
Reservations and future bookings
We are open to guests now, for availability and reservations please check our website or call us directly on 015242 51226.
We reserve the right to cancel bookings should the government extend the shutdown of our business or reinstate the lockdown later.
If we are open to guests and you have an existing booking or make a new booking our standard Cancellation Policy and general Terms and Conditions apply. If you fall ill, either with Covid-19 or any other condition it will still be necessary to charge in accordance with our Cancellation Policy. We highly recommend that you take out travel insurance to cover the cost of your visit.
We ask that if you are feeling unwell prior to your visit that you follow government guidelines and do not travel.
If you have any questions, please call us to discuss on 015242 51226