“St. Patrick would certainly give his approval. Because these cupcakes are the real deal! No pudding mixes here, just roasted pistachios. A wonderfully not-too-sweet pale green cupcake that is sure to please. Easy and quick to make, too!”
- 1 cup roasted pistachio nut meats
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup milk, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Blend pistachios with 1/2 cup sugar in a blender until finely ground.
- Sift all-purpose flour, cake flour, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl.
- Beat 1 cup sugar and butter together in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat one egg at a time into the creamy butter mixture, thoroughly integrating each egg before adding the next.
- Stir milk and vanilla extract together in a separate bowl.
- Alternately stir flour mixture and milk mixture in small amounts into the butter mixture beginning and ending with the flour mixture; stir just until it comes together into a batter. Fold the ground pistachios into the batter. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups to about 2/3 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 15 to 18 minutes. Cool in the muffin cups for 5 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.